Marriott Vacations Worldwide Releases CSR Report
ORLANDO, FLA.—Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corp. released its first-ever corporate social responsibility report in conjunction with its annual “Serve Day.” The report, “The Business of Caring,” highlights the company’s commitment to investing in its associates, serving its communities and conserving the environment.
“At Marriott Vacations Worldwide we have a tremendous culture where one of our core values is to ‘always do the right thing,’” said Stephen P. Weisz, President and CEO of Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corp. “We are proud to provide our inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility report that showcases our spirit to serve the communities and the lives of those around us.”
2014 corporate social responsibility report highlights:
• Associates volunteering more than 16,000 service hours in local communities.
• Donating over $1.4 million through contributions and fundraising campaigns to charitable organizations, with nearly $1.2 million donated to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, the company’s primary charity for over 30 years.
• Giving over 10,000 pounds of food to Feeding America organizations through its Lobby Food Basket Program.
• Contributing more than 25 tons of soap to Clean the World to be recycled and turned into over a quarter of a million clean bars of soap and hygiene kits to be distributed to over 96 countries in need.
• Sustaining our environment through responsible development and resort management by partnering with Audubon International.
• Creating future leaders by promoting current associates to fill 64 percent of our management openings.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide’s annual “Serve Day” was held earlier this month. It is a highlight of Associate Appreciation Week and a celebration of the company’s year-round commitment to volunteerism. Each May, associates from around the world embrace the company’s “Spirit to Serve” by spending a day serving their local communities as a team to support the signature issues of shelter and food, the environment, readiness for hospitality careers, vitality for children and global diversity and inclusion.
Source: greenlodgingnew.com 27/5/2015